It’s Okay to Take a Break Once in a While
I must admit I am a workaholic – though I’ve gotten better over the years. Even before blackberries, iPhones and eMail I found a way to stay connected to my work during all hours but sleep, seven days a week.
Over the years I have been able to step away from work for a few hours at a time at least (mostly to spend time with my children).
Recently, I have learned from several successful leaders I know that everyone needs time away from work. Taking time away from work isn’t a weakness, but a strength. If you’re a workaholic like me, you are laughing in disbelief and asking how that’s possible – it doesn’t even make sense.
Here are a few examples of why taking time away from work is a sign of a strong leader:
1. It recharges the batteries – gives you renewed energy
2. It provides a different perspective to the leader
3. Sets a good example for your employee partners
4. Helps your family know it is important
5. Helps the leader balance his personal and work life
Do you take time away from work? Does it make you better at work?
March 17, 2023
October 11, 2022
Leave A Comment