I enjoy reading. In particular I like to read biographies, historical novels, newspapers (on the iPad of course), business publications, blogs, and more.
Unfortunately, I often find I don’t have the time to read all I would like to. I get too busy “working” and allow my reading to take a back seat.
As a result, I often wish there was more time in a day or that I was more productive than I am. But today, I saw an image titled, “How to Be Productive” as part of an article titled, “Get it Done: 35 Habits of the Most Productive People“.
I found the image and its contents particularly interesting.
Several of the suggestions may be things you are already doing. Some may not be appealing to you. However, I think everyone can find one or two good suggestions to implement that will result in increased productivity.
Here are a few examples:
- Limit email replies to one per minute
- Identify which 20% of your work produces 80% of the results
- Eliminate trivial decisions like what to wear
- Don’t participate in meetings unless they are decisive
- When in doubt, assume you are right. Decisive is productive
Here are some of the things I do to be most productive:
- Get up early to plan your day, read and clear your inbox
- Keep a list of tasks and mark them off as you complete them
- Give 100% of yourself to your current activity
Hope you enjoy the article and image as much as I did. What do you do to be most productive?