Association Management Companies (AMCs) have been providing value to associations for more than one hundred years. What kind of value do they provide and how do volunteer leaders determine the best model for their association – and if that model is the AMC model, how do volunteer leaders determine which AMC is right for them?
These are difficult questions to answer – especially for a volunteer leader who doesn’t have the expertise, time or resources to dedicate to find the right answer.
So, in the spirit of former late-night host and comedian David Letterman, here are the Top Ten Reasons Volunteer Leaders of Associations Should Select an AMC (and specifically CM Services):
10. Associations managed by AMCs outperform associations not managed by AMCs from a financial perspective.
9. Associations managed by AMCs realize significantly greater growth over time than associations not managed by AMCs.
8. Associations managed by AMCs have the flexibility to adapt quickly to changes in their marketplace and redirect or redeploy resources necessary to achieve new or ever-changing goals.
7. Associations managed by AMCs receive the expert guidance they require for their specialized projects and activities.
6. Leaders of Associations managed by AMCs can focus on their organizational mission, strategies and related outcomes rather than managing employees and day to day activities.
5. Associations managed by AMCs have more money to devote to membership programming and adding value to members as a result of the efficiencies and leveraged resources brought to bear by AMCs. In fact, when reviewing the American Society of Association Executives Operating Ratio Report, associations managed by CM Services spend on average 10%-20% less on the resources to manage their association as a result of these efficiencies and leveraged resources.
4. CM Services’ Core Values mean CM Services creates long term relationships with our client partners and employee partners. They are:
- We put our client partners first
- Integrity in all we do
- Expertise in the industries/professions we serve
- Collaboration to achieve best results
- Deliver innovative solutions for our client partners
- A team based work environment that is fun
3. CM Services was one of the first companies worldwide to achieve Charter Accreditation by the AMCinstitute. Achieving AMCi Accreditation means CM Services has demonstrated its procedures meet or exceed the best practices documented in an ANSI standard for Association Management Companies. It also means CM Services passes an independent audit of its procedures every four years. CM Services is dedicated to continuous improvement of its proven practices.
2. CM Services has a proven process to assure our client partners succeed. The process includes developing strategic and operational plans for our client partners and keeping the Board focused on achieving those plans.
And the Number 1 Reason Volunteer Leaders should select CM Services as their AMC:
1. CM Services’ Three Uniques – What makes us different than all other Association Management Companies –
- Focused on our client partners’ results – we invest ourselves in your industry and make sure you are achieving your goals
- Consensus Builders – we help your members make decisions through consensus
- Client Recognized Superior Customer Service – highest Net Promoter Score among Professional Services Firms